Honey Roasted Peanuts

Yesterday my daughter asked me to buy her some honey roasted peanuts. I thought I could do better, I could make her some. This was my first attempt at making candied nuts. My goal was to get them to taste sweet with a hint of spice. I think I managed that and more. The nuts are crunchy and sweet. The spice is evenly distributed.


Next time I will skip the nutmeg and add cardamom instead.

You will need
1 cup peanuts
1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
3 tbsp. maple syrup
3 tbsp. sugar
a pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 325 F. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the sugar.


Transfer to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Roast for 15 minutes or until the nuts are brown.


Cool and mix together. They will have a honey glaze.


You could stop at this step but I did not want them to be sticky. So I sprinkled sugar over the top. That gave the nuts a matt finish and dried them up some.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is such an awesome snack Varada! I would be snacking on this all day....Going to be trying this soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.