Apple Oatmeal

For the last few months, I have made an effort to create some recipe that kids in dorm rooms can enjoy with the limited resources they have. My daughter is a freshman and could use some innovative ideas to help counter the unpredictable cafeteria food. Today I have a healthy dessert. It would taste great with the ice cream from the cafeteria but would be be fine without.


Depending upon how sweet your apple is you may not need any sugar. However, I would never call this a sugarless recipe. It has plenty of sugar from the apple.

You will need
1/2 an apple (Fuji or any other)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 pinch baking powder
1 pinch cinnamon powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. oil
1 tsp. sugar (optional)

Peel and shred the apple. In a bowl combine the apple with all the other ingredients.


Microwave for 1.5 - 2 minutes. If it starts to bubble over then stop and restart. The oatmeal will change color and cook all the way through.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This looks easy yet tasty! Am drooling now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add apple to the store bought maple and cinnamon oatmeal. I should try this to the regular oat meal. yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting one, apple and oatmeal whatelse we need..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and delicious oatmeal cake.Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick and easy to make breakfast oats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple and oatmeal is a lovely combo. Hearty breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my breakfast most of the mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward for those recipes, Varada since my son is going to be in College next year.
    I make a microwave version apple crisp that my kids love. I guess this one would be liked by them as well. Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great snack - I can dig into this at any meal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.