Black Bean, Spinach and Apple Salad

I love salads. They are quick to put together and can be light or hearty depending upon the ingredients you choose. The Back beans, apple and spinach in this salad make it a full meal. The flavors go well together with the apple adding that little crunch. The best part of it is this can be a dorm room meal after a visit to the grocery store. Shred the carrot and spinach. Chop the apples and pop open a can of beans. Even the dressing is simple and the ingredients store well.


I had previously posted a black bean salad with cucumber. It was while I was prepping for that salad that I realized I had run out of cucumbers and avocado. I had apples and carrots. I decided to add apples and carrots instead. They added such a delicious crunch I knew I had to blog about it. The salad keeps well for a few hours. The lemon juice in the dressing keeps the apple from turning brown. The flavors blend well but the apples do not lose their crunch. I have taken this as packed lunch with great success.


Use organic apple so you can leave the skin on. The avocado should be just ripe so it holds its shape.

You will need
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
a bunch spinach leaves, chopped
1 apple, diced
1 carrot, peeled and shredded

For the dressing
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Combine with the other ingredients.


Enjoy!


Comments

  1. This looks like an easy to put together dinner salad. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting combination....looks like a must try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love having black bean cans as it is so versatile to use in salads like this. Love the apples in the mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me that bowl of super catchy salad, i can finish it without any fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a colorful, healthy and attractive salad

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many healthy ingredients are going in .Looks colorful and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makes one healthy and colorful salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the different tastes and textures you've combined in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. crunchy and healthy salad. Love that simple dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a yummy salad. I am making more salads these days and this would be a great addition to my daily rotation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.