Sous Vide Sweet Potatoes

Sous Vide is a technique developed to cook tough to cook food. The food is cooked at a constant temperature for an extended period of time. This is not something I would try regularly or even infrequently. It was just something I tried this once as a challenge. The end results were great but I am sure you can achieve the same results with other techniques.


I used sweet potatoes as my 'tough' vegetable. I heated water in a pan on the stove top at a medium low temperature to about 180F and let it sit at that temperature. I peeled and cut the sweet potatoes into chunks. I put them in a ziploc freezer bag with a little butter and sugar. I then sealed the bag and placed it in the water. After about 40 F I had perfectly cooked sweet potatoes.



This is for week 2 for the 52 Week Challenge. The theme for this week is sous vide, not something I would willingly do but did it for the challenge.






This is my entry for week one, day three of BM #60 for the theme New Year Challenge. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#60.

Comments

  1. What an interesting cooking method Varada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt about Sous vide technique only in Masterchef Australia ! these potatoes look great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. doing this in stove top amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting method. Though I understand why you wouldn't try this method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is something new that I have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this in Master Chef series. But never knew that we could make it on stove top. Nice technique..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard lot about sous vide here,but never tried at home, interesting method.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look like the perfect texture - looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.