Strawberry Iced Tea

Today I present a variation of the iced tea I posted yesterday. Fruit mixed in iced tea really enhances its flavor. I had this in a restaurant once and when I asked how it was made the answer was simple. Fruit syrup mixed into iced tea. You may use frozen or fresh strawberries to make the syrup.


I have my cat to thank for this picture. I placed the background for my picture, a white board to bounce the light etc. to shoot a picture of the iced tea from yesterday's post. I then turned to prep this drink. When I turned around the cat was comfortably napping on the table. I waited for her to leave but she was not going anywhere. Finally I had to set up in a different area and click this picture. The light is a lot better in this picture.

You will need (2 servings)
1 handful strawberries
2 tsp. sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of the berries)
1 dash of lemon juice
2 cups of iced tea

Prepare the iced tea according to these directions and chill. Chop the strawberries and heat in a pan with the sugar. When the sugar melts turn off the heat and add the lemon juice. Chill for a couple of hours. Run through a strainer and mix it into the ices tea.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Love the fruit based tea. Refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew fruit syrups can be paired with tea. Looks so nice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this was what you were trying to click -/ I remember the adorable photo on Whatsapp :-) Adding fruit syrup to tea sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds refreshing. Will try this out during summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so it was for this tea picture you had to change the shooting area. Lovely color

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats an interesting variation with strawberry apart from the usual strawberry milkshake. my elder one would like this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love iced tea...and I like fruit infused ones too...nice! Jayanthi(www.sizzlingveggies.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and flavor full tea so refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strawberry and tea go really well with each other. Your tea proves that!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really looking forward to summer now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that sounds like some exotic drink..very good one ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant ask more, just am in love with this iced tea, cant wait to make some;

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strawberry flavored iced tea sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.