Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad

A few days back I had soaked garbanzo beans without checking to see if I had all the ingredients I normally use to cook them. The next day I was in a bind. I had no time to visit the grocery store and did not have anything else prepped. I had an avocado in the refrigerator and some left over feta cheese. A simple dressing of lime juice, salt, pepper and I had a delicious salad ready.


You will need
2 cups cooked garbanzo beans or chickpea
1 avocado
1/4 cup feta, adjust to taste
salt and pepper to taste
juice of half a lime

If using dry beans, soak overnight and pressure the next day. Discard the cooking water. Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Dice finely. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.


Enjoy!














This is my entry for week one, day one of BM #66 for the theme 3 Vegetables that are fruit. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#66.

Comments

  1. Simple , quick and full of Flavors .the salad must be a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me that bowl, would love to finish my lunch happily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a perfect combination of chickpeas and avocado. Great share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious, protein rich salad that is Varada. Will make it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple yet healthy bowl of salad,looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simple and love the flavor of chickpeas and feta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting salad to use chickpea..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting. Looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.